August 28 and 29, 2004 - The 12th Annual Texas Bamboo Festival was held on at Zilker Botanical Gardens, Austin, TX Zilker info
Here are some of the Festival's Features:
- Getting to Know The Bamboos - Gib Cooper, Tradewinds Bamboo Nursery, focused on bamboo species identification, and which bamboo grow best in different circumstances, (Sat., 1 pm)
- Learn about Bamboo of the Americas (Sun.,1:30 pm) BOTA - Native Bamboos of Mexico - 45 slides - Click here for info on Gib Cooper.
- Live Bamboo Auction (Sat., 3 pm) click here for details
- "New Texas Clumpers" presentation by John Nelson, Bamboo Texas (Scheduled for Sunday 12 noon)
- Bamboo plants, books, poles, pottery & craft sales and demonstrations throughout the event.
- Good Medicine Native American Flutes
- Carved Bamboo Sculptures, Mark Meckes click to gallery
- Bamboo Beads and Necklaces by Carole Meckes
- "Bamboo & Stuff", Tony Poncik, plants & poles
- Bamboo Bend, Steve Muzos , plants click to website
- Bamboo Instruments by Angel Sampedro click to gallery
- Bamboo Instruments by Stan Skov
- Fred Tate, Black Bamboo Jewelry
- Ann Johnson, Pottery with Bamboo Designs
- Pat Hillery - Bamboo Books
- Bamboo Paper Making Display
- Utility Research Garden - bamboo plants click to website
- The Silver Thread - Dance with Bamboo Jackie's Fundanzers (Sat 12:30; Sunday 1:15) Jackie's Fundanzers
- Raffle of bamboo objects...
- Share knowledge with members devoted to growing, using and crafting bamboo.
Additional Presentations - Times to be Announced:
- Working with Bamboo - Mark Meckes
- Bamboo Maya - 17 slides - Gib Cooper
- Bamboo: The Importance in the Ecology and Native Species Conservation - 43 slides - Gib Cooper
- Saturday Evening - Members Get Together - join here